Loudoun County invites members of the public to attend a groundbreaking ceremony for the start of construction of the Ashburn Recreation and Community Center on Thursday, June 16, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. The event will take place on the future site of the facility near the intersection of Carolina Wren Drive and Coopers Hawk Drive in Ashburn.
Members of the Board of Supervisors and representatives of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, which will manage the facility when construction is completed, will be on hand for the ceremonial breaking of ground to kick off construction of this project.
The project will construct a 117,000-square-foot recreation and community center on Broadlands Boulevard, west of the intersection with Claiborne Parkway. The two-story facility includes many features:
- 50-meter competition pool with spectator seating.
- Classrooms, offices, and meeting spaces.
- Fitness areas.
- Full-size gymnasium.
- Leisure pool.
- Multipurpose room with a catering and teaching kitchen.
- One indoor basketball gymnasium, which includes game line markings for basketball, volleyball and pickleball.
- Running track.
- Soft sensory playroom.
- Large courtyard with seating.
- Multiuse trail around the property.
- Playground equipment.
- Splash play area.
Construction is currently estimated for completion in summer 2025.
More information, including a link to sign up for updates on the project, can be found on the project page on the Loudoun County website.
# # #
Stay Informed! Sign up to receive news and updates.