Funding Opportunities for Continuum of Care Members
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
HUD Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the FY2021 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
HUD published the FY2021 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) Notice of Funding Opportunity on March 24, 2022. YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness. Through this NOFO, HUD will award approximately $72 million in up to 25 participating communities.
Explore the HUD YHDP webpage for resources to help communities as they create their application for the YHDP, including:
- Rural tools: These are designed to help communities determine if their application for YHDP should be identified as rural.
- Rural CoCs for FY 2021 YHDP NOFO - a list of all CoCs that are considered rural for the YHDP FY19/20 competition if the application covers the entire geographic area of the CoC.
- FY 2021 YHDP Rural Area Worksheet - applicants should use this tool if they are considering applying for less than the entire area covered by the CoC.
- FY 2021 YHDP NOFO Webinars: The presentation slides, chat logs, recordings, and transcripts.
- Debriefing document from previous YHDP competition: A previous debriefing document, with no community scores, to assist communities who did not apply or did not pass threshold in their application for the FY19/20 YHDP application. Please note that this document has general comments from reviewers on how applications could be improved.
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact Sidhartha Nilakanta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due on June 28, 2022.
HUD Notice of Funding Availability (NoFA) for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program
The HUD NoFA for the CoC Program is designed to promote a community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness:
- To provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, states, and local governments to quickly re-house homeless individuals, families, persons fleeing domestic violence, and youth while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness
- To promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families
- To optimize self-sufficiency among those experiencing homelessness
Continuum of Care (CoC) Rank and Review Committee
The CoC’s Rank and Review Committee is tasked with prioritizing the most impactful and efficient HUD CoC programs, both new and renewal for inclusion in the FY21 HUD CoC Program Competition Notice of Funding Opportunity (NoFO). In order to accomplish this, the Rank and Review Committee creates a two-tier Project Priority Listing of all HUD CoC project applicants.
Previous Notices of Funding Availability
- View the FY 2019 Notice of Available Funding (NoFA) and the materials submitted to HUD:
- View the FY 2018 NoFA materials submitted to HUD:
- View the FY 2017 NoFA
HUD Competition Notifications
Organizations are encouraged to subscribe to the HUD mailing list for additional NOFA publication information:
For More Information
Email the Loudoun County Continuum of Care Coordinator.