Loudoun County is renewing its call for monetary donations to be used to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be distributed to long-term care facilities and other health care providers facing a critical need for PPE. Monetary donations allow the county to use its buying power to purchase PPE in bulk to create a sustainable supply that can be provided to Loudoun-based agencies, including those caring for people who are most vulnerable to COVID-19, such as the elderly.
Loudoun residents and businesses have responded generously to the county’s requests for donations of PPE as well as monetary donations. More than 17,000 pieces of PPE have been donated since the program began March 27, 2020, and more than $20,000 since the county began accepting monetary donations April 23, 2020.
Anyone who would like to donate financially may do so by mail or online:
- Online: Electronic donations may be made through the Loudoun County website at loudoun.gov/ppe. All major credit cards and PayPal are accepted. The processor will deduct a transaction fee from each online donation.
- By mail: Checks with “COVID-19 Donations” noted in the memo line may be sent to:
Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office
PO Box 347
Leesburg, VA 20178
Donations of Equipment
Loudoun County continues to operate two drop-off sites for people to donate PPE for distribution to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need.
- 751 Miller Drive, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Dulles South Recreation and Community Center, 24950 Riding Center Drive in South Riding, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Both sites have signs directing drivers to the drop-off location. They are accepting:
- Disposable gowns
- Surgical masks
- Face shields
- N95 respirators
- Enclosed goggles
- Hand sanitizer
Officials say the greatest need currently is for disposable gowns,surgical masks and face shields. Any donated supplies must be unopened. The county is not able to accept homemade equipment, such as homemade masks. More information is online at loudoun.gov/ppe.
Requests for Equipment
The county is also fielding requests from Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need of personal protective equipment. Requests can be made through a form online at loudoun.gov/ppe. Organizations that have previously submitted requests for and received PPE may submit additional request forms if they have additional needs. They will be contacted by a county representative to coordinate the receipt of donated items if resources are available.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877 to receive text messages in Spanish from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #