The Loudoun County Department of Family Services located at the Shenandoah Building, 102 Heritage Way, Leesburg, is now open for in-person services, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., with the following COVID-19 prevention measures in place for visitors:
- Face coverings are required; if you do not have one, a face covering will be provided to you.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Reception area capacity is limited to four individuals at any given time; limit the number of individuals in your party to the extent possible.
Residents may continue to utilize the outdoor drop box at the front entrance of the Shenandoah Building, which is available for program-related documents and forms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Additionally, staff continue to provide virtual support:
To apply for limited rent assistance, visit loudoun.gov/lra or call Information and Referral at 703-777-0420.
- To apply for public assistance, such as Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, LTC, Childcare Subsidy, visit commonhelp.virginia.gov or call 1-855-635-4370.
- For questions about your public assistance case, contact your public assistance eligibility worker. Documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For help finding childcare, visit vachildcare.com, call 1-866-KIDS-TLC or email.
- To apply for unemployment benefits, visit vec.virginia.gov or call 1-866-832-2363.
- For job and career resources, visit loudoun.gov/wrc or call 703-777-0150.
- If you need to report a case or abuse or neglect, please contact:
- Adult Protective Services hotline: 703-777-0437
- Child Protective Services hotline: 703-771-5437
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) 24-hour crisis hotline: 703-777-6552
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center at the Shenandoah Building and the Eastern Family Services Center, 21641 Ridge Top Circle, Sterling, will remain closed for in-person visits until further notice.
In addition to wearing a face covering and practicing social distancing in public spaces, Loudoun County encourages everyone in the community to take steps to limit the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #