Posted on April 6, 2020 at 5:19 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Observing religious holidays during COVID-19? The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) addresses some questions you might have and shares guidance and options for your consideration. Get answers and guidance on the VDH website.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies. These coverings help to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do now know it from transmitting it to others. Visit the county's COVID-19 Resources webpage to learn how to properly wear a face covering and get instructions on how to make your own face covering.
- Loudoun County continues to accept donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) for distribution to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities who are still in need. To date, the community has been generous: more than 2,700 paid of glove and more than 800 N95 respirators have been donated and distributed. Individuals and organizations with PPE to donate should submit an online form with details about the available equipment at loudoun.gov/ppe. Donating equipment to the Loudoun County government for distribution is safe and ensures the PPE will be distributed to organizations with critical needs. Organizations with a need for PPE may also submit an online request form. Read the details.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #