Posted on March 1, 2021 at 5:17 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 2/26/21@5:08 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 23,126 (up 187 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 6.8% (down 0.8% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 865 (up 14 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 237 (up 23 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 73,126 (up 9,087 since last report) I Virginia: 1,982,780 (up 201,441 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- COVID-19 Vaccine Statewide Pre-Registration System Update: Virginia state officials report that they have made significant progress in resolving the issues that affected the “Check the List” function of the new statewide pre-registration system for COVID-19 vaccinations. When the new system launched in mid-February, problems with the data migration process meant that many people who had pre-registered for the vaccine in Loudoun prior to February 12 at 5:00 p.m. could not find themselves in the new system. Those individuals should now be able to find themselves. It’s important to note that the system will only tell someone if they are registered; it does not report the date that someone registered. Loudoun County is currently making vaccination appointments for people who pre-registered on January 16 in the current priority groups. More information on the vaccination efforts in Loudoun is available at loudoun.gov/covid19vaccine.
- Next COVID-19 Testing Event is March 2: Loudoun County is holding twice-weekly COVID-19 testing events on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. through March. The next events are scheduled for Tuesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 4 at Franklin Park 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville. More information, including links to registration forms that can be filled out in advance, is available at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- Library Hosts Health Director for Virtual Update: The Loudoun County Public Library will host a live, virtual COVID-19 update with Loudoun County Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend Thursday, March 4, 2021, from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. The event will include a question-and-answer session. Details on how to participate can be found here.
- Some COVID-19 Restrictions Eased as of March 1: As a reminder, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam last week announced amendments to Executive Order 72 (PDF) that will ease some public health restrictions designed to fight the spread of COVID-19 beginning today, Monday, March 1, 2021. Read the Department of Economic Development's take on what the action means for Loudoun businesses.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19