Posted on March 12, 2021 at 4:56 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 3/11/21@5:10 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 23,782 (up 74 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 6.1% (unchanged since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 900 (up 6 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 264 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 99,245 (up 3,112 since last report) I Virginia: 2,557,478 (up 64,381 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- New Loudoun COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard: Loudoun County has introduced a new tool to help residents follow the county's COVID-19 vaccination efforts. The COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard highlights key indicators of progress and status including:
- Date of pre-registration for which the Health Department is currently scheduling appointments (February 2, advanced from January 25 in last Friday's report)
- Number of individuals remaining on the waitlist (10,655, down 24,729 since last Friday's report)
- The pre-registration and waitlist information will be updated weekly. The dashboard also includes the number of vaccine doses received in Loudoun County and Virginia and the number of doses administered in Loudoun. That information will be updated daily. Read details in our earlier blog post.
- Indoor Visitation at Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities Expanded: Families who have not been able to see their loved ones in nursing homes during the COVID-19 pandemic may now be able to visit in person. The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has announced that health care facilities in Virginia can expand visitation practices for residents and their families. This comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated COVID-19 recommendations for health care settings and after the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services updated nursing home visitation guidance. Read details in his news release from VDH.
- Planning to be Outside This Weekend? If you are participating in activities outside your home this weekend, be sure to do so safely. When considering activities, think about how many people you’ll interact with, if you’ll be able to stay at least 6 feet away from others, if others will be wearing masks, and how long the activity lasts. Remember, when it comes to COVID-19, outdoors is safer than indoors.
- More COVID-19 Testing Next Week: Loudoun County will continue hosting drive-thru COVID-19 testing events March 16 and 18, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Cascades Library, 21030 Whitfield Place, Potomac Falls. These are part of the county's ongoing free, twice-weekly events on Tuesdays and Thursdays at various locations in March. The testing schedule and links to registration forms that can be filled out in advance are available at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19